Sokhrates is the first social network that brings people together to support the planet and its inhabitants.
Our Mission: Sokhrates gives people the power of changing the world by simply keeping in touch and sharing content with their friends and family.
Our Vision: Sokhrates brings together people who share a vision for global change. It allows them to finance humanitarian projects without actually donating money but simply by using the social network to share their thoughts
and information with their followers. Thanks to them, Sokhrates will generate profit through Green Economy advertising and 70% will be allocated to non-profit organisations.
Some of the areas of intervention will be:
Prevention of Violence Against Children
Education and Culture
Health and Prevention
Forests and the Amazon
Rivers and Oceans
Investing in Sokhrates is not only a sound business opportunity. It’s investing in making this a better world.
Sokhrates presents an innovative way of doing business that satisfies a worldwide latent need for justice and ethical renewal: to be part of the change we are all waiting for in our Planet.
The Sokhrates model is having great results from the first days of its online existence through its Beta version.
In just 40 days from the launch of the beta version:
+22,000 Registered users, growing at a rate of 1,000 users/week
1,500,000 Page views.
8,861,506 Potential users to whom Sokhrates is already being promoted
today and who are being invited to use the network
Sokhrates, with adequate investment in marketing and its structure, can quickly reach a large size in the landscape of social networks in the world..
Download Executive SummaryDownload Pitch Deck
More information: info@Sokhrates.com
Among the types of Personal Data that this Application collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies, Usage data, email address, first name and last name.
The Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or collected automatically when using this Application.
Failure to provide certain Personal Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services.
Users are responsible for any Personal Data of third parties obtained, published or shared through this Application and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
The Data Controller processes the Data of Users in a proper manner and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data. The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Data Controller, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Data Controller at any time.
The Data is processed at the Data Controller's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved with the processing are located. For further information, please contact the Data Controller.
The Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the User, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the User can always request that the Data Controller suspend or remove the data.
The use of the collected Data
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes: Access to third party services' accounts, Analytics, Interaction with external social networks and platforms, Managing contacts and sending messages, Contacting the User, Displaying content from external platforms, Infrastructure monitoring, Registration and authentication and Traffic optimization and distribution.
The Personal Data used for each purpose is outlined in the specific sections of this document.
Facebook permissions asked by this Application
This Application may ask for some Facebook permissions allowing it to perform actions with the User's Facebook account and to retrieve information, including Personal Data, from it.
By default, this includes certain User’s Data such as id, name, picture, gender, and their locale. Certain connections of the User, such as the Friends, are also available. If the User has made more of their Data public, more information will be available.
Provides access to the birthday.
Provides access to the User's primary email address.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
Access to third party services' accounts
This type of services allows this Application to access Data from your account on a third party service and perform actions with it. These services are not activated automatically, but require explicit authorization by the User.
Access to the Facebook account (This Application)
This service allows this Application to connect with the User's account on the Facebook social network, provided by Facebook, Inc.
Permissions asked: Birthday and Email.
Place of processing: US
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
Place of processing: US
Contacting the User
Contact form (This Application)
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorizes this Application to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Personal Data collected: email address, first name and last name.
Displaying content from external platforms
This type of services allows you to view content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of this Application and interact with them.
This type of service might still collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
YouTube video widget (Google Inc.)
YouTube is a video content visualization service provided by Google Inc. that allows this Application to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
Place of processing: US
Interaction with external social networks and platforms
This type of services allow interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the pages of this Application. The interaction and information obtained through this Application are always subject to the User’s privacy settings for each social network. This type of service might still collect traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
Facebook Like button and social widgets (Facebook, Inc.)
The Facebook Like button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Facebook social network provided by Facebook, Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
Place of processing: US
Registration and authentication
By registering or authenticating, Users allow this Application to identify them and give them access to dedicated services. Depending on what is described below, third parties may provide registration and authentication services. In this case, this Application will be able to access some Data, stored by these third party services, for registration or identification purposes.
Facebook Authentication (Facebook, Inc.)
Facebook Authentication is a registration and authentication service provided by Facebook, Inc. and is connected to the Facebook social network.
Place of processing: US
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Data Controller, in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related services. The User declares to be aware that the Data Controller may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System logs) or use for this purpose other Personal Data (such as IP Address).
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Data Controller at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
The rights of Users
Users have the right, at any time, to know whether their Personal Data has been stored and can consult the Data Controller to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the Data Controller at the contact information set out above.
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information regarding a natural person, a legal person, an institution or an association, which is, or can be, identified, even indirectly, by reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
Information collected automatically from this Application (or third party services employed in this Application), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Application, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User's IT environment.
The individual using this Application, which must coincide with or be authorized by the Data Subject, to whom the Personal Data refers.
The legal or natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural person, legal person, public administration or any other body, association or organization with the right, also jointly with another Data Controller, to make decisions regarding the purposes, and the methods of processing of Personal Data and the means used, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Application. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Application.
The hardware or software tool by which the Personal Data of the User is collected.
Small piece of data stored in the User's device.
Notice to European Users: this privacy statement has been prepared in fulfillment of the obligations under Art. 10 of EC Directive n. 95/46/EC, and under the provisions of Directive 2002/58/EC, as revised by Directive 2009/136/EC, on the subject of Cookies.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
You generate money. With every click
With SoKhrates you have the power to create wealth. How? By regularly using the social network, voting and sharing projects you like and carry in your heart. SoKhrates provides the tools to upload and share videos, photos and news about social,
environmental and animal issues. Sokhrates connect you with people and communities who, like you, want to make a concrete contribution to the creation of a more just, equitable and solidarity society.
The spirit of Action
SoKhrates is already a concrete contribution, "Justice, solidarity and peace" are not only the engine of our actions, but also the motor of its own creation. We move from intention to action, and SoKhrates is the proof: all you see is inspired
by the most gracious values , it is real, concrete and tangible.
Decides which projects to support and generates SK coins
The mechanism is very simple and effective: by supports a project that expresses your feelings, could be projects of social, environmental or animal issues. Share and assign "SK coins" to it: that alone is enough for the project to be funded
by the countless philanthropists we found on our journey. We are a community willing to put into circulation revenues for our intention simply and effectively: for a fairer world, a world of peace, where there is truth and harmony.
The everyday pill
Do not stop! Keeping up and visiting SoKhrates, every day you can find out about your supporting projects "Heart Project" and find some others projects which you might be also interested in.
Where do the funds come from?
Sokhrates revenues are created from selling advertising space. These spaces are intended primarily to be for companies, partners and sponsors, who are dedicated to creating a new business ethics and are already contributing to the so-called
green economy through the creation of the next generation, more friendly to the environment , environmentally sustainable and respectful of health, and value of human beings. Among others SoKhrates supporters and philanthropists.
Everyone can join
Sharing has the same value for everyone regardless if you have millions of fans or a few friends, if you use the network for leisure or for work. By using SoKhrates` platform and assigning SK coins to our projects, users will generate revenue
that will benefit social and environmental initiatives. From the reconstruction of houses after natural disasters, animal protection projects, wilderness areas conservation and for the preservation of native communities projects. In doing
so, you will contribute, through concrete actions, to the evolution of individual and collective consciousness in accordance with the principles of solidarity, harmony and peace.
Be the change you want to see in the world, your contribution is essential.
We are testing our platform until the end of October. If you want to contribute to the improvement of our site, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SoKhrates appreciate any feedback, our community appreciate the goodwill of the people who feels connected and wants contribute to our initiative.
We are building together a new model of economic development of inclusion-oriented social and environmental progress, based on the principles of peace, justice and solidarity. Every man is the bearer of a divine plan and has within it the
power to change the world. Work to transform good intentions into action is the only way to prove that this is true and possible. We believe and we did.
SOKHRATES goals :
To have millions of users that are aware of their power to create wealth by simply using our platform; by navigating, inviting their friends and acquaintances; voting for social and environmental projects in SoKhrates. Every time you are
checking your project through our platform, you will be generating revenue. What does SoKhrates do? Distribute this money in humanitarian, environmental and animal projects that are already in our Sokhrates platform.
To offer our users a real possibility to invest the money that Sokhrates generates in these projects that are of a social and environmental impact; When Sokhrates users assigns SK coins to their favorite projects, Sokhrates convert this
SK coins into real dollars or euros. We are an organization who is willing to do this. With your contribution and your good intentions we can change the world. Sokhrates community is already supporting and promoting these initiatives,
and what you are reading is proof that we can.
Ensure effective implementation: everything we do is reviewed and documented. Transparency and clarity are the pillars of our work.
Let's awaken our divine power of good action that is already within each of us: Supports SoKhrates, spread to the world.
We are a community of people with goodwill who have joined forces and experience to create a social network for a positive evolution of humanity and for the service of preserving our planet.
Sokhrates was formed as a visionary and ambitious project: to re-connect everyone in a new humanitarian social network, where each person, from all cultures and different backgrounds, but with the same common goal, could contribute with ideas
and concrete actions and, to create a more fair and more united world in which we can coexist peacefully and prosper.
The platform is available to anyone who shares our goals and values. We want to connect in a single network where all individuals and companies are involved, share their experience, logistics and financial resources to rebalance inequalities,
improve living conditions of communities, and to support human rights, and to contribute to the protection of the environment and the ecosystem.
SOKHRATES as NGO
SoKhrates Onlus as an association is apolitical and nonpartisan. Who fully recognizes the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Paris (1948) and the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union (2009). In particular, SoKhrates supports
the rights and freedom of individuals, first, the right to life of all human beings, animals, plants and all living species.
Sokhrates respects the right to observe religious beliefs and values of all forms of spirituality.
The association promotes peace and dialogue among peoples, rejects war and all forms of violence.
SoKhrates works for the protection of the environment and the ecosystem.
The association believes in equal rights and duties, and works according to a new economy mode with ecological and solidary development.
You acknowledge and agree that you are of legal age and are fully able to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, acknowledgements, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service. You agree that you will adhere to and comply with terms set forth herein. You may not use CircleMe if you are not of legal age to enter in the present agreement.
You may not post nude, partially nude, or sexually suggestive photos or content.
You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other users of the Service.
You may not use the Sokhrates service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links ("Content") that you submit, post, and display on the Service.
You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or Sokhrates.
You must not crawl, scrape, or otherwise cache any Content from the Service including but not limited to user profiles and photos.
You must not use domain names or web URLs in your username.
You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
You must not create accounts with the Service through automated devices and/or softwares (scripts, bots).
When you register on the Site, you will create a new password for use with your account. You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access any secure areas of the Site.
You agree not to disclose your password to any third party.
You agree to take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your password, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions.
You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password.
To increase the security of your account, the following are some commitments you make us:
You will not use Sokhrates if you are under 13 years of age.
You will avoid creating more than one personal account on Sokhrates.
You allow Sokhrates to reclaim a username that we think belongs more appropriately to someone else (e.g., for trademark reasons)
We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
We reserve the right to refuse service for reasonable cause.
We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username that becomes inactive, violates trademark, or may mislead other users.
We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of the Service.
We prohibit crawling, scraping, caching or otherwise accessing any content on the Service via automated means, including but not limited to, user profiles and photos (except as may be the result of standard search engine protocols or technologies used by a search engine with Sokhrates express consent).
Proprietary Rights on Content
Sokhrates does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post on or through the Service. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Service, you hereby grant to Sokhrates a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, for the purpose of operating the Service and promoting it.
Sokhrates does not force you to use your real name, reveal your real identity nor your Facebook account used for registration. However, you cannot use other people or business names in order to create a false appearance or misidentification.
While Sokhrates does record and store internally the association between your Sokhrates account and your Facebook account for the purpose of operating the service, your public identity on Sokhrates can be totally anonymous. We will NOT display or reproduce the Content in a way that associates it with your real identityor Facebook account, unless explicitly authorized by you.
We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any User-Generated Content or endorse any of the opinions expressed therein. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against us with respect thereto. You acknowledge that any reliance on User-Generated Content will be at your own risk.
You represent and warrant that:
You own the Content posted by you on or through the Sokhrates Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section.
The posting and use of your Content on or through the Sokhrates Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person, and.
The posting of your Content on the Site does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of Content you post on or through the Sokhrates Services.
The Sokhrates Services contain Content of Sokhrates ("Sokhrates Content").
Sokhrates Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Sokhrates owns and retains all rights in the Sokhrates Content and the Sokhrates Services. Sokhrates hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Sokhrates Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Site and using the Sokhrates Services.
The Sokhrates Services contain Content of Users and other Sokhrates licensors. Except as provided within this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Sokhrates Services.
Sokhrates performs technical functions necessary to offer the Sokhrates Services, including but not limited to transcoding and/or reformatting Content to allow its use throughout the Sokhrates Services.
Although the Site and other Sokhrates Services are normally available, there will be occasions when the Site or other Sokhrates Services will be interrupted for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of Sokhrates.
Sokhrates is not a backup service. Sokhrates will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Sokhrates Services, or the loss of any Content. Sokhrates will normally only delete Content that violates this Agreement, but we reserve the right to delete any Content for any reason, without prior notice. Deleted content may be stored by Sokhrates in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Sokhrates encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content.
1. Sokhrates’s goal is to make anyone enjoy the things that he/she likes the most, providing information and services related to these different interests. However, since this service is extremely personalized, our team cannot review and test all suggestions provided by the community of Sokhrates users. Hence, we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from you following any suggestion or other material on our site that you rely, or someone you inform relies on, and does not meet expectations. Additionally, since we cannot enforce users to update all their information (or information created by them), users of the site should be aware that some material may be out of date when they access it.
2. You understand that by using or accessing Sokhrates you may be exposed to content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate material, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any content or communications, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any form of User-Generated Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Sokhrates Content or User-Generated Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available on the Site, via the Service or the Applications.
3. You may link to our website provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Sokhrates may contain links to third party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by us of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
4. If you violate any of these Terms of Service, your permission to use and access Sokhrates will automatically terminate. Should your account or usage be terminated, you are prohibited from creating any new accounts or otherwise accessing Sokhrates without our prior written approval. We reserve the right to revoke your access to and use of Sokhrates at any time, with or without cause. We also reserve the right to cease providing or to change Sokhrates at any time and without notice.
5. Your access to and use of Sokhrates is at your own risk. We will have no responsibility for any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of Sokhrates.
6. Sokhrates IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT Sokhrates WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH Sokhrates OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH Sokhrates. WE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY: PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF Sokhrates; UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE, DISPLAY, PERFORMANCE OR DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR USER-GENERATED CONTENT BY US (UNLESS DUE TO OUR INTENTIONAL FAILURE) OR BY A THIRD PARTY; YOUR INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM Sokhrates; AND/OR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH Sokhrates BY ANY THIRD PARTY. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH Sokhrates WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
7. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us, our officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with: (i) your access to or use of Sokhrates; (ii) your violation of these Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right, including but not limited to right of attribution, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your User-Generated Content caused damage to a third party, including, without limitation, claims that your User-Generated Content is infringing.
8. In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service will remain in full force and effect.
9. Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision.
10. These Terms of Service and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of Italy without regard to its conflict of law provisions. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action with respect to the subject matter of these Terms of Service will be the state courts located in Rome, Italy, and each of the parties hereto waives any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
SOKHRATES GENERIC COOKIES POLICY
Last update: 3 April 2017
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third¬party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third¬parties cookies (from essentials to advertising cookies) to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
If you want to learn more about cookies, or how to control or delete them, you may also visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Below is a list of the different types of cookies used on this site, and an explanation of what they are used for.
• Strictly Necessary Cookies: Some cookies are necessary in order for the website to function. Without these cookies, we will not be able to determine the number of unique users of the site or provide certain features, such as automatic sign in to Sokhrates. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
• Performance Cookies: The purpose of these cookies is to allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. This information will ultimately help us provide you a better experience. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
• FunctionalityCookies:These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. An example of the usage of this type of cookies could be saving your volume setting preferences if you watch a video on Sokhrates or remembering the point to which you watched such video. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
• Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store any personally identifiable information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.